Saturday, February 19, 2011

Goal Setting!

I have reached my goal for this week. I have run 5 times!

One of the aspects of running I love the most is the ability to set and accomplish goals. I set the goal of running 5 times this week and I did. Today was a glorious and absolutely stunning day in Vancouver. The sun is shining brightly and the air is crisp and clean. A perfect day for a workout in the trails of Stanley Park.

I am moving very slowly forward in the hopes of returning to training. In the effort to move forward without injury I am slowly increasing both mileage and intensity. I am trying to teach my body how to deal with the pounding and stress of running again. Today I ran 7 miles with full drills and strides at the half way point. I was back at Beaver Lake for my drills and it was stunning.

I also ran into my club while out on the trails. It was really nice to see all the smiling faces and happy training people. My heart really wanted to run an interval with the group but my mind knows better than to push before being ready. To be honest, I have not really missed the running world that much in my time away, although now I feel a real desire to be back with these crazy people. I was surprised to see many new faces at the workout today. It will be fun to get to know them. I was also really happy to see some old friends and training mates. I guess sometimes you do not know what you have lost until you see it again. I am looking forward to the camaraderie of VFAC again. And of course I am excited for coach John's stories and anecdotes!

So now that I am back on a consistent schedule I am thinking it is time for a bit of a long run tomorrow. I am thinking 10 miles will be nice! Hopefully the gorgeous weather will hold out!

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment