Monday, September 13, 2010

Happiness Is...

..A fresh cup of coffee at 10:30.

I am on vacation. Today is the first day of my 2 week vacation and so far it is going great. I wish this was my career. So far today I have slept in, had breakfast with my man, swum and now I am blogging before heading to the tennis court to hit some balls. Tonight I also hope to get into the gym. I am making pot roast for supper too!

Being happy is nice. I have been thinking about running a lot lately. I am enjoying my time off the roads and trails and I have not run in over a week and a half. Although I am still working out daily I no longer feel the urge or desire to run that much. I am beginning to see that running was making me very unhappy.

There are times when I wonder how I was able to train as hard as I did. There are more times when I wonder what kind of Sadian I was to end up punishing myself so much in order to run fast. I was constantly tired and angry. There were many times when I would blame being sad or unhappy on living situation, drugs/alcohol, job, not enough sleep, etc. The one element of my life that I have taken out has been running and I feel really good and very happy. I have been consistently in good cheer since stopping hard training. Coincidence?

I am continuing to enjoy exploring the recreation activities that free time and added energy enable. I went to a really cool restaurant/lounge in East Van called Bao Bei. It was very cool with an awesome vibe. I was happy to have worn my skinny jeans with my Bean Boots as there was not one person in the restaurant who was not dressed well. I even noticed a strikingly beautiful woman wearing jodhpurs. This hole in the wall is worth checking out for the sole reason of finding cool fashion and hot waiters. My drink was pretty good too!

In the next couple of weeks I am going to try and think of some profound thoughts.

Over and Out

1 comment:

  1. Seeing the change in you, J. D., over the past number of weeks has been gratifying. Can it be said you are finding who you are meant to be without the obsession of running?
    Nothing wrong with being physically fit or pursuing something important (like running), but, clearly, it had an effect on you, and it may not have all been good.
    I think you are on the right track, and this one doesn't require you to run to find out who you are.

    ReplyDelete