Saturday, June 26, 2010

Verdict

I am not racing tomorrow.

I went for my first run in a week yesterday and it was painful. I ran 5 miles in total and the actual feel of running was wonderful, however my foot was not. It is strange but I think my foot is worse now then it was a week ago. I have had a very busy week at work which may have had an impact. If I thought I could warm up and be pain free I would run. I do not think this will happen. I also have to respect the course. There are two long hard downhill sections that will kill my foot. I want to be able to walk Monday morning.

I really want to race tomorrow but I need to start thinking with my whole brain when it comes to training through injury. I must ensure I recover before I start pounding the crap out of my body again. If anything, this series of events inspires me to get back into triathlon more. I want to continue to train hard but my body can no longer take only run training. If I want to continue to workout the amount of hours I currently am I will need to bike and swim to get those hours in.

I took today as a total day off. Tomorrow I am going to easy run and swim and try to keep in shape as best I can. I head for Toronto on Wednesday and I am getting excited! I hope they get that mess cleaning up!

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment