Thursday, June 3, 2010

Unprofessional

Do as I say, not as I do.

Today I had a very exciting day at work. I was at rounds this morning trying to get to know a brand new case load when I recognized a physio student sitting in on the rounds. I immediately got excited realizing that this person was Jessica Deglau. Olympic finalist for swimming, World Medalist, Commonwealth Games medalist, Pan Am Games medalist and Canadian Record holder. Once she went along her way I took her supervising therapist aside and asked her about her student. To say the least, the supervising therapist was more than surprised as Jessica turns out to be quite modest.

Of course I maintained my professionalism by going over to her and freaking out a little bit. I asked her questions like, Did you swim with Janet Evans? To cap off my overly professional behaviour I asked for a photo with her. I was going to ask for an autograph but I left my Speedo home.
Tonight I ran a pretty lack luster workout. Our workout was two times an approximately 2.8 km loop. Normally I run this workout in around 8:55. Tonight I ran 9:18. I did not feel slow or sluggish and on the second interval I actually thought I was running fast. I was a bit sluggish in the warm up but nothing out of the ordinary. I think running a best time last weekend(and as John informed me a club record on the weekend) and a long run on Tuesday have taken some of the pep out of my legs. I am a bit dissatisfied with this workout but it may just be a reflection of the amount of training I am doing right now. I am bound to have a bad workout here and there. If I think back, I have had very few bad workouts over the past couple of years so I think I am due for a bad patch. Irregardless, I got a good workout tonight.

This weekend will be a training and resting weekend. Also a long weekend as I have a day off on Monday. Please sun come out and play!

Happy Training!

1 comment:

  1. OMG. You look so cute in that photo!! Lose the girl though. :)

    ReplyDelete