Thursday, June 10, 2010

Coming Back

Tonight was my Thursday workout in Stanley Park. The workout was 3km, 2km, 2km. As I have been feeling a bit on the weak side lately I was desperately in need of a good workout. Thankfully I had a good one.

I was very tired on my warm up and was hoping a kind stranger would stop and give me a drive. Alas there were no strangers and I arrived in the park tired. After finishing the warm up and doing more strides than I usually do I was ready to put in a good effort. I was happy to have some of the quicker guys back training as they are great to have breathing down my neck. The first interval felt good and I worked very hard. The last hill climb was a good effort. I am quite stund when it comes to remembering numbers. I have no idea workout to workout what is fast or slow, except for standard distances like 400, 800, 1 km etc. Today I ran a 9:31 for the first interval. I thought I was slow. John contends this was one of my fastest ever. The last 2 sections felt somewhere between alright and satisfactory.

I am still having a bit of trouble getting my feet off of the ground and pushing hard through my stride. It is still taking me at least 3 or 4 miles of running until I start to feel somewhat human. In the past this has been a sign of fitness, now I do not really know what it is a sign of. I am waiting to feel good on a workout. It just seems like every stride requires a huge effort. One positive today was my extended strides. The first couple of accelerations felt sluggish and gross. While trying to get the cadence going I was thinking 'is this over yet?' I ran a longer acceleration of around 300 metres and after I felt much better. Once over the longer excel my stride felt improved and my breathing became more controlled.

A funny thing happened. I was on Facebook and changed my relationship status from 'single' to 'it's complicated'. I thought it would come up on my profile as 'it's complicated'. Instead I guess it reported I was in a relationship that is complicated. There was a cacophony of people liking this status and many a good comment. Of course I was a bit dismayed that my friends were happy that my love life was complicated (which it actually is not, not in the least, one would fall asleep if it were a movie, a really short movie, not even a movie, a commercial on community television that goes a bit too long without much happening, the dead space at the end of a community commercial when they leave the camera on after the actors have finished) but once I understood that they were looking at me being in a relationship it made more sense. It is nice to have the best wishes of friends but sometimes I start to think, how pathetic.

To combat the feeling of being pathetic I have my eyes on a goal (I am also very goal oriented so goals help). Someone with a job and who is somewhat nice. I do not think love will happen so I need to enter into a fiscally beneficial relationship. I am sick of watching DINKS merrily buying condos and taking off on Caribbean vacations while driving in their fancy cars. By no stretch of the imagination am I poor but I am certainly not rich. There is a reason we have evolved to get married rather than just fucking and making babies. Pool the resources and voila, the species prospers. So the new criteria I have for a man is based on income and lack of body odour. I will have to hold back the barf the first few times of intimacy if he is fat but think of the condo I will be able to buy!

I think I will visit the NFB website for another film to put my life into perspective. It may just be needed.

This weekend will be quite busy as I am in 'my big gay wedding' as a dancer. I hope to post a video when it is all said and done. I hope it is fun. I hope there is a hot tub! Gosh, I hope there are single men with jobs! Training will be the same as usual with a tough track workout Saturday morning. I am excited to race a week from Friday and then half marathon the next weekend. Hopefully I will lean up and get into shape just in time!

Happy Training!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jay great workout. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to catch up with you after, but no worries. I thought you had found a man, that was why I was happy for you. I knew you were kind of looking. Anyhow, Great blog I always enjoy it and best of luck finding your sugar daddy!

    ReplyDelete