Monday, March 1, 2010

Run

I decided when I got home today to have a nap. I could not sleep despite being totally and completely exhausted. I thought to myself "fuck it!" and I went for a run.

I felt pain in my hammy with my first stride. I felt pain in my hammy at 5 minutes which was measurably worse then the initial pain. I felt pain in my hammy at 20 minutes and I thought "fuck it!". I finished my run in a bit less pain after 6 much needed miles.

I would not advocate running on an injury but I needed a run today. I needed to blow off some steam and have some fun. I feel totally out of sorts when I cannot run and become somewhat irrational and loopy. I had a slightly painful but wonderful run today and I look forward to a slightly painful tempo tomorrow.

I have my first race this weekend. I am excited to race as I feel strong though not as fit as I would like. It will be nice to get back into the action and hopefully my run will go well. I suppose at this point I will be happy if my leg gets to the start line.

There is a lot I want to write about but it is not of a constructive nature and rather more of a rant. I think I will work on figuring out how to put my frustration into something positive rather then delving to the level of those I wish to criticize.

Mileage
Monday: 6 miles

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment