Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunshine, lollipops...

Today I had my long run and had yet another wonderful run.


Last night I went to the ballet. It was a joint performance between the National Ballet and the Royal Winnipeg Ballet. It was absolutely wonderful. The first peice was choreographed by Marie Chouinard and was my favorite. I was a bit worried about the ballet as I thought the Canadian pieces would pale in comparison to the Cloud Gate Dancers I saw last weekend. I was equally impressed and moved by the Canadian company. If you get a chance at any time to see 24 Preludes by Chopin by the National Ballet of Canada please jump at the opportunity. It will change every notion you have of ballet!

This morning I woke up feeling rested and motivated to run. My long run turned out to be a great time and the sun even came out to greet me. I also saw a couple of celebrities on my run. I saw Jon Brown out on a run which was cool. For those who do not know him he was 4th in the Olympic Marathon running for England and now runs for Canada. I also saw Eric McCormick out running. He looked very tired and, to be honest, not much of runner. I was going to stop and ask him where Jack was but I did not want to stop on my run.

I have seen a few celebrities the last few days here in Vancouver. I was at a stop light with Ben Mulroney. Last night I was sitting a few rows in front of Karen Cain. I have seen most of the TSN Broadcasting team at one point or another. I think I saw Karen Lee Gartner the other day on the Sea Wall. I am sure I have seen many other people without actually realizing who they are.

Tonight I will be glued to the TV to watch the Pairs Figure Skating. I am very excited! Tomorrow I work then an easy run and a trip to the gym.

Mileage
Sunday: 18 miles

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment