Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good

Things are good.

I worked yesterday so I could not run my speed workout. I was thinking of pushing my training back one day but instead I just skipped my workout and did my long run today. I had a good long run to the UBC Endowment lands, around the trails and back to Vancouver. It was difficult to get going but after half an hour or so I got into a rhythm and got the run done. It was quite nice.

Last night I went for dinner with a few friends. We ate at Two Chefs and a table and it was wonderful. It was very nice to have a 5 course meal with wonderful wine. I had two courses of lamb which was a bit of lamb overkill but was still really tasty! I guess I love the whole animal from their beautiful natural fibre to the suculent morsels of loveliness I enjoyed last night.

I love a long evening dinner with friends. I was thinking on my way home about my life in Vancouver. I have been here for over 3 years. I have grown to both love and hate the city. Up until this point I was able to say that there really was not much for me give up if I moved away. Of course I would miss the amazing sport facilities I have access too, the mountains, the weather and the lifestyle but I did not feel an emotional attachment. The emotional attachment to my life here has taken hold.

I really have wonderful friends in this city. I have a bit of a bitter side to me. Being with my friends and seeing their happiness, helping them through a tough time or having them to help me melts that bitterness away. Being part of their journey through life makes me happy. Just knowing they are there, makes me happy. It would be very difficult to leave this life and it gets harder every day. I hope that is a sign of a life well lived. With every passing day it just gets better and better. I have confidence this trend is going to continue for a very long time.

Mileage
Saturday: 6 miles
Sunday: 16 miles

Happy Training!

1 comment:

  1. Jay,

    I read your baden powel fiasco. Let me know if u ever want to to do the SFU trails. Much more civilized, but just as hilly and the time goes by quick. The skytrain station is just down from the entrance.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete