Monday, January 25, 2010

Going Viral

I have finally gotten the cold.

It started Saturday and now I have some chest congestion and a sore throat. I woke up through the night with a sinus headache. This will put a bit of a damper on my training as I continue to feel a touch under the weather. I am not overly disappointed. This is great timing for a cold. I can still train through a cold but I do not have to worry about my performance lagging. I will just have to remember that I am sick when I do not hit my times on Thursday's workout.

Yesterday I went out for my long run and soon there after felt the budding effect of my cold. I was tired and weak with difficulty breathing. Instead of running out to UBC I ran to Kits Beach then along False Creek. I still managed 10 miles. The 10 miles took a lot of my energy and I felt drained for the rest of the day.

My eye contact record for today is at 0. I thought I made eye contact with a Japanese tourist today but it was a false alarm. She was just checking me out. I was not feeling that great today so I did not have as much energy to put into making smiling eye contact. Maybe the people in Vancouver are all sick? That would really explain why people are so sour. Last week at the cafeteria a woman, who must have been having a really bad day or in a big fight with the lunch lady, barked a really rude order at the poor immigrant lunch lady. I had secondary embarrassment for this rude and mean acting woman. I wonder what happened to her to make her such a sourpuss. Did her cat die that morning? Is she in a loveless marriage? Did her child not get into med school? Did she predict that Sacha Cohen would not make the USA Olympic Team? Whatever has happened in her life to make her so terse and mean to the hardworking, sweet, engaging and wonderful lunch lady must have been pretty severe. Or else she is just a bitch.

I am going to try and go to the gym tonight as I am afraid I am going to fall off the wagon and lose my abs and veins. Tomorrow I will attempt my tempo though I will cut it short if I am feeling ill.

Mileage
Sunday: 10 miles

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment