Sunday, December 6, 2009

God Bless

I have just found out a friend of mine who was a great training partner and motivator has passed away in a snow shoeing accident. I am in shock.

He was young and full of energy and a wonderful partner for a good long run. He was always ready with a quick quip or a word of wisdom. I was looking forward to having him as a training partner and friend and now he is gone. After writing yesterday's blog I was anticipating one of his wise comments, this will not be. I will have his voice in my head (the comment he left on my blog) and his spirit on my shoulder.

It seems unfair that someone should die in the prime of their life. It is difficult to understand why things like this happen and at moments like this the concept of 'everything happens for a reason' seems vacant and vacuous. One thing a tragedy like this does is it helps me to take a step back and really appreciate the life I have. Life is a precious thing and we should live each day to it's fullest.

I was going to send Pete a note to see if he wanted to long run next Sunday with me. He will be there in Spirit.

Remember to live today for we do not know what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

  1. My sympathies. Your friend will continue to live on in your memories.

    ReplyDelete