Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Getting Away. Far, Far, Away

I am leaving for P.E.I. and Nova Scotia. I am going home for the first time since Christmas 2007 so I am very excited. I am planning on taking 2 weeks away from the city and my hectic and pressured existence. I will also be out of electronic contact so no blogging until mid September.

Today I ran my Tuesday tempo. After a great weekend I was fired up to run my first workout without my cold. I think the cold still had an effect as I was a little sluggish. I ran 45 minutes in total at tempo pace at Jericho Park. I ran the loop that was used for the Canadian Cross Country Championships of 2006. Running a loop for a tempo is a little weird, and running a cross country loop even weirder. By the end of the tempo, although tired, I was racing against the best runners in the world in my mind. I may have pushed a bit too hard, yet again, but I am still pleased with the effort!

Tomorrow easy run, Thursday Workout then hop on a plane!

Happy Birthday Heather!

Trip report in September.

Happy Training!

7 comments:

  1. look at you, posting a happy birthday to my sister on your blog. Hah. I didn't even get around to doing that. Oops.

    Enjoy your vacation Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay, not sure Im going to be able make it too workout tomorrow. If I dont have a great vacation and I look forward to some good workouts into the fall/winter, getting wet and cold only adds to our toughness, now wheres that hot water bottle. Cheers Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take care mate, I'll also be back in mid-Sept so looking forward to catching up and getting super fit for the winter.

    Train strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jay, Happy Vacations!

    Dr. J sent me the link to your profile. So I'm lurking now. Except when I post comments.

    There.

    http://my.opera.com/hungryghost/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Say nice things about Dr. J in case he reads. He's your landlord.

    ReplyDelete