Thursday, August 20, 2009

Another First

The only true certainty with life is inevitable death.

I had another first tonight. The first time I have had a workout moved because it was part of a crime scene. A dead body was found in Stanley Park, near where we train, so our workout was moved and the workout changed. All of which did not impact me in the least as tonight I packed in the flats early and made my way home without running the workout.

I have a cold. A chest cold which is starting to produce a nice little cough and a touch of phlegm. My nose is starting to run a little as well. To be honest I am kind of happy to get this cold. It has been a long time coming as I have not been taking care of myself as I should. It also comes with perfect timing. I am in the midst of building fitness without a race in sight. By having a cold now I will not have to worry about the potential of getting sick in October/November when I am in the thick of my important races. This cold will also force me to take a couple of workouts off and rest a bit before heading to PEI and Nova Scotia (in one week!!!!).

My goal for the next few days will be to rest and try to get over this minor inconvenience. I am doubtful I will train on Saturday, I would rather take it easy and ensure I get over my illness. I am hopeful I will be able to get a good long run completed on Sunday.

Happy Training!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh to have your luck to get what sounds like my cold when you did. I am having to accept abandoning the 2009 Ironman attempt at a better finishing time because of this chest cold. It has taken me three days to come to this decision and understand it's implication i.e. why I do Ironman.

    ReplyDelete