Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness III

Maybe I ran harder then I thought.

The past two days have involved difficulty donning pants, rising from chairs and descending hills/stairs. Even my massage therapist was alarmed with the state of my legs, he got out the ice packs after working on my destroyed legs. I am relieved to have this DOMS as it is direct feedback that I ran as hard as I could. I had similar pain after Sun Run. Yesterday I was able to get out for a light run and towards the end I was feeling much better. Strangely I was having difficulty holding back and had a strong desire to hammer a good tempo, but I am on break. To reiterate my last post, I have never felt this good going into a break and I still want to train hard. I have fallen in love with my training program and I am excited to get back to training after my break.


I believe the biggest change in the last few months has been to realize how much I love training and being outside. The most valuable thing in my life is not monetary nor is it an object. What I value most is my health, relationships and fitness. I love that I got up early this morning and went to the tennis courts to hit for an hour (I have not played tennis in two years so it was a little ugly). I was going to go for an easy run but I got distracted by a cup of tea and a blueberry muffin. I hope to meet some friends for my first open water swim of the year then hit the beach for the afternoon. What could be more perfect then getting up early and enjoying all the beautiful sunshine?

The training break continues. Hopefully tomorrow the DOMS will have resolved and I will be able to cycle to work!

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment